Tuesday, January 30, 2007

How Old Is Andrew Sullivan?

I know the guy is a bit shiny on top but the words that come out of his mouth say otherwise. His latest commentary makes him look more like the age of a kindergardener. The last time I used the word 'cootie' was around age 9 so we'll give him the age range of five to nine.

So what is this latest commentary you ask? Nothing other than what he thinks of Hillary Clinton running for President of the United States. You know, when I sit down and decide on who I want to represent our country around the world and provide for a nation of 300 million by faithfully executing the laws of the country, my first thought is if they have cooties. Don't we all?

From Media Matters:

MITCHELL: Bottom line. We put it to the "Matthews Meter," 12 of our regular panelists. "Can the Clintons stop Obama before the primaries?" This one is not even close. By 11 to 1, the panel says Obama cannot be stopped. Andrew, that's the bottom line for you as well?

SULLIVAN: Well, I just think as a candidate, he's so fresher than Hillary, that she harkens back to the '90s. I think she's been a very sensible senator. I think, in fact, it's hard to disagree with her on the war. But when I see her again, all my -- all the cootie vibes --

[laughter]

SULLIVAN: -- sort of resurrect themselves.


Forget her positions on domestic and foreign policy, the fifteen years of national political experience and dealing with the evil Republican trolls in Congress, especially Newt Gringrich. When it comes down to it for Andrew, it is about cooties.