Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It's Not Over Till Its Over

Growing up as a kid I was told many times by my parents and some coaches that nothing is over till its over. As a kid in Los Angeles, that helped tremendously, and was especially true when I watched Kirk Gibson hit that homerun in Game 1 of the World Series. Of course that was then and this is now. Tonight I went out to the Meadowlands, and and after a tough fight through most of the game, the Lakers put on the pressure and beat the Nets by 15 points. I left to come back home across (technically going under) the river with my Treo in hand.

Of course I had my Treo out all night, checking it out during time outs and in between quarters. I 'watched' Obama hold Connecticut steadily through the evening and crush Hillary in Alabama and Georgia. I knew Hillary would win big in my own state and down in Oklahoma. And of course the home states of Arkansas and Illinois were headed their respective ways. Then there were places like Missouri, where the networks called the race for Hillary and just now Obama surged ahead at the last moments.

There's no way I'll stay up to watch of all the returns come in, I could stay up till 2 or 3 in the morning but 12:30 is about where I will crash. Tomorrow morning I'll wake up, read the rest of the results and then see where the campaigns go on Super Tuesday +1. One thing is for sure at the moment, Obama did pretty damn well tonight...and he didn't need to win overall today, so the fact that this whole thing is so close is good news for Obama.

Nevertheless, it's not over till its over...despite any spin you might hear in the next 24 hours.