Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Got Any Plans Today?

I don't know about any of you, but today is definitely a busy day here in New York City. A little on my schedule today.....going to vote this morning before heading down to the N.Y.P.I.R.G. office to go help out on the Voter Help Line for a couple hours while my day isn't too busy. I'll be helping out with info like this and much more, so if you are (godforbid) having trouble voting from 9-11am in NYC, you might just get to talk to me.

Once I step outside of their office, which just so happens to be 2mins from City Hall, I'll find myself standing in a ticker tape parade, the first one to hit NYC in several years. The Giants definitely have a lot to celebrate after their spectacular win over the Patriots. There is nothing like a great victory for the underdog...whether it is in sports or politics. Plenty of New Yorkers will be doing some combination of work, sports and politics today.

Once I get the work out of my way this afternoon, I'll meet my girlfriend at the Port Authority at 6pm and then its off to the Meadowlands to watch my (former home) team Lakers wipe the floor with the New Jersey Nets out at whatever corporation owns the Arena (I know the company but refuse to address them). And of course, like the true political junkie that I am, I'll be constantly checking my Treo for election returns as they come in....though I'll try not to look unless there's a timeout or its halftime. Thats the goal at least.

Definitely a full and exciting day, what's on tap for you? Is anyone voting out there?