Thursday, February 07, 2008

Forty Million For Nothing

To the astonishment of many, Mitt Romney effectively dropped out of the race today, suspending his candidacy in front of an audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference. He will hold onto his delegates, but no longer will he actively seek more. The statistical probability of him beating McCain is slim to none and for quite sometime now he has simply been spending throwing burning money at an alter to himself and for some conservatives, the anti-McCain candidacy. He leaves Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee to withstand the Maverick schmuck from Arizona further into the primary season.

And of course, he didn't go without a parting shot at Democrats, as ridiculous as it was:

"I must now stand aside, for our party and our country," Romney said. "If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win."

"And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," he said.

"This is not an easy decision for me," Romney added. " I hate to lose. My family, my friends and our supporters... many of you right here in this room... have given a great deal to get me where I have a shot at becoming President. If this were only about me, I would go on. But I entered this race because I love America."


Well I guess liberals don't love America, do we Mr. Romney? One thing is for sure, we love America even more now that you are gone and out of the race, diminishing the slight chance you had to continue the destruction of the Constitution by winning the race (which was highly un-probable from the get go.

At least we'll have one less voice spouting the GOP crap that they love using to bash liberal Americans. Too bad for Mittens it cost him $40 million out of his own pocket for all of that nonsense.