Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Love-Hate Relationship With John McCain

Sorry, I'm not talking about my relationship with him, that isn't about love or hate. I just wish he'd fess up to what his true principles are about instead of hanging on to this faux 'maverick' persona. No, I'm talking about right wing radio host Bill Cunningham, who went from loving McCain (by demonizing Obama) on stage yesterday to blasting him later in the evening on CNN after McCain denounced his comments. If you want to talk about abrupt changes on feelings about one person to another, this is a classic example.

From MSNBC:


No hurt feelings? Well, actually conservative radio host Bill Cunningham has got some. After ranting and raving during his introduction for McCain in Cincinnati, "Willie" booked it out of there to host his three hour radio show. As previously noted by First Read McCain apologized for Cunningham's comments and took full responsibility for allowing him to appear at his event.

During the second hour of his show, "Willie" became Wild Bill when he attacked McCain for apologizing.

"He just threw me under the bus for the national media. I have had it," Cunningham blasted. "With McCain and -- I'm going to endorse Hillary Clinton. I want Hillary Clinton to become the next president of the United States. I am going to throw my support behind Hillary Clinton."


Well how about that, someone out there really does love Ann Coulter. First Read left out Bill's comments about her. It just goes to show that conservative nuts like Cunningham only have so much tolerance for McCain. His years of pretending to be a maverick have pissed them off. Wingers want their politicians to act like wingers and McCain hasn't or can't do enough pandering to make their support stick the way it needs to. Garnering the support of the 30% 25% 19% of people that still love George Bush is hard work, and obviously McCain needs to do better.

All I gotta say to McCain about that is.....goodluck and have fun.