Thursday, December 13, 2007

An Ode To Dana The Dumb

Nothing gets me going more than a song in the morning (besides coffee or ....). So when I turned to the DailyKos Cheers and Jeers page of my virtual paper this morning, I got to see a brand new tune to an old classic of mine. You should know "Wonderful World" written and performed by Sam Cooke by now, but do you know the Dana Perino version by Nonnie9999?

From Mikk2:

Don’t know much about history,
Why I’m here’s a mystery,
Never opened any science books,
I was hired strictly for my looks.

Though my answers make your hair curl,
It’s not nice to beat up on a girl,
And that’s why I’m press sec-re-tar-y.

Don’t know much about geography,
(My boss knows even less than me,)
I’m like Chimpy, ‘cept I wear a bra,
As I shit upon the rule of law.

Really don’t know very much at all,
So I stammer and dodge and stall
That’s my job as press sec-re-tar-y.

Now, you know, I work for a C student,
Dumb as he can be,
But maybe they think, if I do the talking,
He’ll look smart compared to me!

Don’t know much about ecology,
Not a clue ’bout the economy,
I know that I sound really dumb,
As I stand behind the podium,

But Karl Rove seems to see some promise,
In my answers to Helen Thomas,
He’s got to be dumber than me!

Latatatatatatahuwaah (history)
Oehwoewoe (mystery)
Latatatatatatahuwaah (science books)
Oehwoewoe (hired for my looks)

Really don’t know very much at all,
So I stammer and dodge and stall
That’s my job as press sec-re-tar-y.


You know how to at least hum the melody, so come sing along with me.