Friday, August 22, 2008

McCain Needs Nine Car Motorcade To Go To Starbucks

I admit, I like Starbucks. My girlfriend refers to it as my crackhouse. So its a little more than just 'like.' Having the free internet is great and being that I live in NYC, I can walk to the one on my corner (literally). I also brew my own at home when I have the time, and I get it from a local store in the Village that has been around for more than a hundred years. So I try to balance out the corporate coffee. John McCain also likes coffee, but this is just ridiculous.

From The LA Times:

McCain, who huddled with advisors at his desert compound in Sedona, Ariz., said nothing in public. A nine-car motorcade took him to a nearby Starbucks early in the morning, where he ordered a large cappuccino. McCain otherwise avoided reporters.

Forced into damage-control mode, his campaign aides counterattacked to reinforce their claim that Obama is an elitist.

Um Senator McCain? Calling your opponent elitist after taking a nine car motorcade to a nearby Starbucks is absolutely ridiculous. Add that to yesterday's story of your twelve houses, and it is just over the top. Obama came from a single-parent family and worked hard to get where he is. And while it was your wife and your choice, you married into your money. The two stories are not even close.

Now maybe you can try and get in touch with your inner-middle classness and buy a coffeemaker.