Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Mitt Romney And His Cowardly Children

I hate to call out Mitt's kids, but come on, when they are mentioned by the candidate in an explanation for support of the war in Iraq that makes them fair game. The animal lover/father spoke up for his five boys who are not serving in the military because, get this, they are patriotically running around the country supporting their dear old dad. Puhleeze!!!

From The Huffington Post:

"One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president."

Romney's five sons range in age from 37 to 26 and have worked as real estate developers, sports marketers and advertising executives. They are now actively campaigning for their father and have a "Five Brothers" blog on Romney's campaign Web site.

Romney noted that his middle son, 36-year-old Josh, was completing a recreational vehicle tour of all 99 Iowa counties on Wednesday and said, "I respect that and respect all those and the way they serve this great country."


That isn't serving our country, thats serving your Dad. Its perfectly fine to support one's Dad (though Caroline Giuliani declined on that one) but don't call it something other than that. Rachel Griffins, an army vet who posed the question about Romney's kids was not satisfied by his answer. Neither am I Rachel, neither am I.