Monday, July 30, 2007

The Prince Of Darkness Anticipates His After-Life

The Prince of Darkness, technically named Robert Novak, reporter and pundit extraordinaire is getting older and wants to pontificate on his life in politics. He has been on Washington like white on rice for quite some time, often too close and lately playing the fool for the powers that be. Still, he has some interesting things to say now.

From The Examiner:

» On blogs: “I’m 76 years old, and pretty soon I’m going to a place where there are no blogs.”
» He said LBJ and JFK were the only Democrats he’s voted for, “but I regret Johnson.”
» On George W. Bush: “All presidents look better after they’re dead, and George W. Bush can count on that.”
» On Gerald Ford: “Fox News got me out of bed to talk about Gerry Ford [when he died]. I said how incompetent I thought he was. They got me out of that studio so fast …”

There was more of the same at Georgetown University on Wednesday night. He called CNN founder Ted Turner a “classic example of a madman” and said he’d turn Keith Olbermann down if the MSNBC anchor ever asked to meet him.

When someone asked how he got his sources, he replied: “How I developed them? I’m so charming.”

Charming is the last word that comes to mind when I think of the pundit-turned-puppet of the neo-conservative powers in the Bush Administration. Since Bob isn't going where there are any harpsicords or cherubs, he might see bloggers typing truth in his face for the rest of eternity while Keith Olbermann attacks George Bush's unconstitutional moves in the background. Have fun crossing the river Styx Mr. Novak.