Sunday, April 15, 2007

Cheney Has Issues

If I had the time I could probably write a novel on all the issues that Dick Cheney faces. Whether he deals with them or simply ignores the facts, the list is enormous. So for this post we will stick to what came up during his interview on 60 Minutes with Bob Schieffer earlier today. Although any televised conversation with the Vice-President will never yield any hard facts, we can at least get a little humor out of it. Trust me, you won't leave empty handed.

From Crooks and Liars:


video_wmvDownload (556) | Play (495) video_mov Download (319) | Play (356)

Schieffer: Does this administration have a credibility problem?

Cheney: I don't think so Bob, ummm…I think obviously we've got issues we need to work through. You do the best you can with what you've got obviously and I think on reflection that indeed the record of the President and his administration will stand up well to scrutiny…


Bob also tried to ask him about the aftermath of the Scooter Libby trial. Cheney stood steadfast in saying anything substantive, even going so far as to say that he hasn't spoken to his close friend and former Chief of Staff since the trial. Damn, I wouldn't want to be friends with a guy that wouldn't call me after I got sent to jail for the crimes I committed. Since Cheney has no credibility on answering questions about the Administration's credibility, there really is no point in even trying to talk to the guy. You might as well just leave him to the sycophants at Fox to give him time to bash Democrats for his own failures.

And of course, once a liar gets going there is no way to know where they'll stop. For a man with the power that Dick Cheney holds, there must be outside action to force him to tell the truth or have it told for him and for him to suffer the consequences because of it.