Sunday, November 11, 2007

Theocracy Run Amok

When it comes to outright lunacy, it is hard to figure out which Republican Presidential candidate deserves the title. They all say such ridiculous things, like who can screw up the Constitution more to supposedly protect our safety and how we live in a Christian Nation (thanks for making me feel like I belong Mr. McCain). Huckabee's latest quote deserves mention, since it is so absurd I don't know where to begin with tearing it down.

From CBN News:


"People look at my record and say that I’m as strong on immigration, strong on terror as anybody. In fact I think I’m stronger than most people because I truly understand the nature of the war that we are in with Islamo fascism. These are people that want to kill us. It’s a theocratic war. And I don’t know if anybody fully understands that. I’m the only guy on that stage with a theology degree. I think I understand it really well. And know the threat of it is absolutely overwhelming to us. As a president, nobody’s going to be stronger on building border security, not having amnesty, no sanctuary cities, having a process in place that forces a process that is legal. When it comes to national security, I understand that the threat that we face is not about our grandchildren having better homes and better cars, it’s about whether they’re going to have a breath and a pulse."

Sounds more like a fire and brimstone declaration than any coherent policy on how to combat terrorism. How a theocracy degree can protect anyone from terrorist is insane. What is he going to do, debate them at the Interfaith center? As for not providing amnesty or sanctuary....what exactly did he learn at his theology school?