Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Attack On The Flying Rats

The flying rats (more commonly known as pigeons or Columbiformes if you want to go all Latin) that soar, shit and roost all over the city have never been the object of most New Yorkers' sympathy. No one has really ever done anything about them except bitch and moan....until now. Councilman Simcha Felder is on the prowl and wants to appoint a pigeon czar to take care of the problem. So what does his leader in the council have to say about all of this?

From The Daily News:


"I am not a fan of pigeons. No, I have no love of pigeons at all. I find them to be flying rats, and I have very little use for pigeons. But I don’t want to comment on the legislation, and I will not let my personal pigeon position impact my professional pigeon position, which I will be taking later upon review of the pigeon possibilities in the legislation. And that’s my full use of alliteration for the day."

You got to hand it to Christine for her wittiness. She hasn't taken any position as of yet on Felder's proposals, so we'll have to see where it goes from here. The media likes to spotlight this story because of its oddity factor, I'd like to post on it to again show the absurdity of our council and the crap (no, not pigeon shit) that comes out of the 51 member body. Can we please focus on more pressing matters than addressing 'flying rats?' Seriously whats next, mice and rat czars?