Thursday, July 05, 2007

Live Earth-New York Is In New Jersey

Live Earth is less than two days away and the complaints from New Jersey are already surfacing from the politicians across the Hudson. The concert is being billed as a New York event as it should be, despite the calls to rename it for the exact geographical location. I feel for the Garden State on this one, I really do.

I must say that I am honored to go out to the Meadowlands on Saturday. Somehow I got lucky enough to be a volunteer for the event. I'll have to wake up and get on a 7:14 AM train to Secaucus and then catch a bus to Giants Stadium to work my 9-12 shift. And I will love every minute being out there. Plus I'll blog about it afterwards, so stay tuned on Saturday night or Sunday morning for the details.

Nevertheless New York is the number one media market in the country. When you ask someone that doesn't live in the U.S. if they recognize either New Jersey or New York, they'll go with the latter. That is why it is Live Earth: New York. So please quit complaining.