Saturday, June 02, 2007

1(900) RUN-GORE

I saw this on DailyKos last night and couldn't stop laughing. Maybe its my sick humor that finds a cross between a phone sex call and asking Al Gore to run for President, but I have a feeling there are a lot of other sick people out there. I would love to post this in its entirety, but I'll just provide a few choice excerpts.

From Zackpunk at DailyKos:

Gore: You've reached 1-900-RUN-GORE, where all your political fantasies come true.

Me: Hi. I... I've never really called one of these things before.

Gore: But you've wanted to for a long time, right?

Me: Yeah. I've been thinking about you. A lot. Is this really Al Gore?

Gore: (Pause.) Yes. Yes, it is.

(snip)

Gore: What kind of party affiliation are you wearing?

Me: Progressive moderate.

Gore: I want you to take off your moderation. I want you to remove it completely.

Me: You want me to be totally progressive?

Gore: Yes, I want you to be stark liberal.

(snip)

Me: I am. I'm going to be soooo progressive. But... I want to be progressive for you. I want you to run for president. Will you run for president for me?

Gore: I don't know if I should...

Me: Oh please, do it for me.

Gore: Okay. I'm going to do it.

Me: Yes! I knew you would!

Gore: I'm running for president. I'm doing it right now.

It might not be the way Gore should officially announce....but it's pretty damn funny.