Saturday, February 17, 2007

'Holy' Joe Lieberman Got A Demerit From His Rabbi

I have always respected Senator Lieberman for respecting the tenet of Orthodox Judaism that an observant Jew should not work on the Sabbath. During the 2000 Presidental campaign he never did anything for Gore/Lieberman on a Saturday. I have relatives that are Lubavitch and I know how important it is to rest on Shabbat. Since I am typing this on a Saturday, I differ from them in this regard and am more of a secular, humanist Jew.

However, Joe broke this tradition today to vote to keep the incredibly immoral war going and to give President Bush an unholy amount of executive power in the way he executes his illegal conflict in Iraq. He constantly lies, obfuscates and gives as much as he can in order to subvert the will of the American people to ratched this war down and ultimately end it. I have had little respect for Joe in the last few years as a cheerleader for Bush and now have diminshed respect for him and how he treats his Orthodox faith.