Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A President That Knows How To Apologize

I always say that when picking members of your Presidential Cabinet, make sure to ask the hopefuls to have paid their taxes. Well, I guess President Obama has been rather busy and he didn't have time to heed my advice, but that's O.K. I think that he gets it now and even if your picks are qualified, it is best that they pay what the government expects of them by law. Though unlike Bush, who would have just brushed it off and ignored the troubles, Obama owned up to what happened.

From MSNBC:

Oh it made me angry and disappointed and it's something I have to take responsibility for. I appointed these folks. I think they are outstanding people. I think Tom Daschle as an example could have led this health care effort, a difficult effort better than just about anybody. But as he acknowledged, this was a mistake. I don't think it was intentional on his part but it was a serious mistake. He owned up to it and ultimately made a decision that we couldn't afford the distraction and I've got to own up to my mistake which is that ultimately it's important for this administration to send a message that there aren't two sets of rules. You know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes. And so I'm frustrated with myself, with our team, but ultimately my job is to get this thing back on track because what we need to focus on is a deteriorating economy and getting people back to work.
Thank you for taking responsibility and acknowledging these mistakes. Next to President Bush, there really is no comparison. However, I still have a gripe about the Cabinet. Seriously Barack, what is up with Judd Gregg? You aren't changing the makeup of the Senate by doing this and we are talking about a man that wanted to abolish the Commerce Department altogether a couple years ago. I know you are into bipartisanship, but that is ridiculous. And also, bipartisanship is a two way street, before walking down that road you should make sure that Republicans understand that they have to learn the word "compromise" and embrace it.