Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Forget, Is It McCain/Palin Or Palin/McCain

I could have sworn that I saw John McCain nominated for the Republican ticket two weeks ago but now I'm having some doubts. McCain was never too popular with the conservative base but by picking Palin they are rallying en masse. Watching the two of them up on stage while they lie, obfuscate and manipulate has got me thinking, who's selling this ticket to voters anyways? The audiences at their events clearly show that they love her, but him not so much.

From Politico:


At a rally outside Youngstown, Ohio, Tuesday night, dozens of attendees left while McCain was still speaking.

I caught up with a few of them. Some explained that the airplane hangar where the rally was being held had grown crammed and uncomfortable. Others said they had other events or commitments to get to.

Notably, though, the exodous had only begun after Palin spoke.

Now, the same thing has happened again.

"I look up, about five minutes into McCain's address and see a steady stream of people walking out of the rally," writes Radio Iowa's Kay Henderson from a McCain-Palin event in Cedar Rapids.
I'd be tired of him too, so I don't really blame these GOP faithful for that. Watching Palin just makes me want to tear out my hair, so I wouldn't bother going to an event with her, especially if she can't even get the name of my town right. Enthusiasm has been a problem for the GOP, but Palin has helped that tremendously. Her celebrity is a huge boon so it made me wonder what the hell is going on when she says things like this?