Monday, January 05, 2009

Reid Talks Tough On Bush...But Where Was The Action?

Sen. Harry Reid went on Meet The Press yesterday with some harsh words for the outgoing Commander in Chief. At the beginning of the 110th Congress, Reid said Bush will go down as the worst President ever. The preceding six years (at that time) were horrific for our country and the Republican-dominated Congress was eager to let Mr. Bush have free reign over the nation. Well, dear old Harry was not about to back down for David Gregory's "tough" questions.

From ThinkProgress:

GREGORY: Before you go, do you have any regrets about the way you have publicly battled with President Bush?

Over the years you’ve called him a liar, a loser, and you’ve described him as, quote, our worst president ever.

REID: I wrote a book and I said that in the book several times. David, I am who I am. I’m going to continue being who I am. I think you just have to call things the way you see them.

I really do believe that President Bush is the worst president we’ve ever had. I think his efforts to destroy Social Security were very bad. That brought about one of those statements.

Gregory continued to pressure Sen. Reid on the statement, but the former boxer didn't waver, saying he was who he was. Well, words are great but his actions.....are a different story. As the Leader of the Senate for the last two years, Reid has bent over backwards to appease the President and in the spirit of "collegiality" has let a (close) minority of Republicans in the chamber to block crucial bills without an inkling of a fight.

Reid may sound strong on MTP, but "Give em' hell Harry" he certainly is not.